Welsh Recipes: Cawl Cennin a Hufen (Welsh Creamed Leek Soup)
Leeks: 1 ¼ lb
Roughly chopped onion: 1/2 lb
Roughly chopped head of celery: 1 bunch
Stock: 5 pints with 1 Knorr stock cube
Parsley: roughly chopped 1 oz
Salt and Pepper
Double cream: 5 oz
- Clean the leeks thoroughly, chop them roughly.
- Melt butter and cook onions and leeks and celery without browning
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, simmer for 1 hour, skimming if necessary,
- Rub through sieve or put in blender till smooth.
- Reheat gently.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cream, correct seasoning, and serve with fresh baked bread.
Full credit to: pattayadailynews.comSee more